- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 3 Years
- INDUSTRY Human Resources Management / Recruitment Agency
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
The Accountant – General Ledger is responsible for monitoring all transactions that flow into the General Ledger, ensures the accuracy and integrity of transactions, processing of transactions for non-payroll related transactions, ensures the accuracy of prepaid and accruals balances, and manages the reconciliation process of all General Ledger accounts and on set deadlines.
• Ensures that Accounts Payable monthly transactions are accurately transferred to the General Ledger and transactions reconciled.
• Responsible for the review process to ensure that the monthly transactions processed through Accounts Payable are accurately processed to the correct accounts.
• Conducts analysis of prepaid and accrual accounts and the preparation of adjustments as appropriate.
• Reviews the intercompany accounts and prepares journal entries as appropriate.
• Reviews the withholding tax reports and ensures that the payment is processed on set deadlines.
• Participates in the review process of the trial balance, ensuring expenses are properly recorded and adjusted as appropriate.
• Liaises with other department to facilitate the timely processing of transactions to ensure the General Ledger is closed on set deadlines.
• Ensures all balance sheet accounts are prepared accurately, and the balance sheet reconciliation ties to balances on the trial balance.
• Follows-up on reconciling items identified in each balance sheet accounts and ensures that adjustments are prepared in the following period.
• Responsible for the review process to ensure year-end balance sheet reconciliations are clear of outstanding reconciling items.
• Participates in the monthly General Ledger close process, and assists the Financial Budgeting and reporting team with inquiries related to actual transactions processed through the General Ledger.
• Participates in the year-end financial requirements including the preparation of the lead sheets as part of the year-end financial close and assists with the overall external audit process.
• Adheres to standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce with 4+ years in a General Ledger Accounting role.
• General Ledger role – In a large and complex organization.
• Accounting Certification CMA, CIMA, ACCA or similar designations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, experience with Lawson ERP systems