- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 3 Years
- Gender Both
- INDUSTRY Tourism
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
The Accountant – Accounts Payable will be responsible for carrying out the day to day accounts payables operations activities including supplier details maintenance, processing vouchers/supplier invoices, prepayments and expense claims, payments and accounts payable period end closing, accurately and on a timely basis.
Financial Policies and Procedures
- Comply with QM’s set policies, procedures, management and regulatory requirements, and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Work closely with his direct reporting line in ensuring that all accounts payable transactions are recorded in compliance with QM’s accounting procedures and IFRS, such that Financial Statements are accurate.
- Assist in the implementation of the accounting system, procedures, and internal controls.
- Prepare and generate, under the directions of his direct reporting line reports and statistics detailing accounts payable transactions if and when required.
- Assist his direct reporting line in carrying out accounts payable period-end close including accounts analysis, if and when required.
- Assist in coordinating with the internal and external auditors, and provide all required information to the concerned parties in order to facilitate the preparation of internal and external audit reports, respectively.
- Stay abreast of the latest applicable finance and accounting leading practices.
- Carry out proper archiving of all documents and statements pertaining to Accounts Payable accounts.
- Assist his direct reporting line in ensuring that the accounts payable books of account are kept up-to-date and that accounting transactions are properly checked and reviewed to ensure accuracy of records.
- Receive, process, record, update and safe keep accounts payable forms and other relevant documents.
- Uphold highest professionalism and integrity in delivering services to internal and external Finance Customers. Proactively seek customer satisfaction in the processing of requests with a sense of caretaking and urgency.
- Keep his direct reporting line informed of significant accounts payable related issues that may jeopardize the achievement of QM’s goals.
- Identify areas for professional self-development, and act to enhance such.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information
- Match invoices with supporting documents and coordinate with respective entity for any invoice related issues identified.
- Identify new fixed payments and create a Recurring Invoice Template.
- Create/ amend a recurring invoice template. Obtain required additional approvals for recurring invoices.
- Verify expense invoices against the supporting documents and coordinate with respective employees to rectify any issues identified.
- Apply prepayments to the related invoice, if applicable.
- Prepare the Invoice/ Group of Invoice for payment and obtain the necessary approvals to initiate payment.
- Receive supporting documents for Credit/Debit Memo processing, and validated invoice and coordinate with respective entity to rectify any issues identified.
- Support in ensuring that all outstanding transactions for the period to be closed are processed in a timely and accurate manner as part of the periodic period end close process.
- Reconcile Petty Cash account balance with the Petty Cash Payment Vouchers and send to his direct reporting line for review and approval.
- Review and ensure that all petty cash vouchers are entered correctly in the system by the Petty Cash Custodian. Coordinate with the Petty Cash Custodian to rectify discrepancy/ies (if any).
- Review the Petty Cash Replenishment Forms and verify that all Petty Cash payments are posted in the system.
- Report to respective Department Manager any discrepancy/ies identified for corrective action.
- Initiate voucher issuance to the Petty Cash Custodian for Petty Cash float replenishment.
- Perform tax calculations and support in the review of all transactions with respect to tax filings and tax entities (whenever applicable).
- Prepare tax payments schedule in accordance with the tax calendar.
- Prepare all corporate tax compliance and reporting requirements, ensuring that all requirements are complied with on a timely basis, and any necessary follow up actions are done.
- Provide assistance to his direct reporting line as and when required on Accounts Payable related matters
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Sound knowledge of ERP with emphasis on AP module
- Expertise in credit and collection best industry practices
- Knowledge of accounting standards
- University Degree in Business Administration with specialization in Accounting
- About 1-3 years of post qualification related experience of which a minimum of 1 year should be in a similar position / responsibility.