- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Career Level Manager
- Experience 5 Years
- Gender Both
- INDUSTRY Banking
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
The Head of Vendor Payable & Fixed Assets unit is responsible for overseeing transactional accounting activities performed by the accounting operations staff including accounts payable and fixed assets. The Head of Vendor Payable & Fixed Assets unit reports directly to the Head of Financial Accounting. This individual is a key member of the accounting team, with primary responsibilities including participation in the day-to-day accounts payable operations to ensure accurate and timely reporting to internal and external users of financial information, contributing to the preparation of financial statements through accurate accounts payable closing processes and accrual, and maintaining clean financial records.
The position provides support to internal and external stakeholders of the business and finance personnel on the team. Areas of focus include accounts payable recording, fixed assets, accruals, and supporting month, quarterly and year end fiscal close. The position is also responsible for maintaining policy and procedure documentation, adherence to internal controls, and continuous process improvement for all functions under management.
- Manage the daily operations of the finance department.
- Advise and support the head of department on accounting operations matters
- Ensure that the company’ accounting records are prepared and updated accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for daily accounting activities such as maintenance of general ledger and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports. Compile, maintain and analyze accounting information to prepare entries to accounts.
- Proactively interact with the clients to ensure timely updating of the Accounting records relating to their payments, deductions and recoveries.
- Train and supervise accounting operations staff including defining limitations of authority and responsibility
- Develop and implement internal control processes to ensure integrity over accounting operations
- Analyze finance department operations results in relation to established goals and make recommendations as needed
- To ensure that UAE VAT are fully understood and are complied with
- To oversee all VAT matters, looking at efficient ways of reducing VAT liability, managing the minimization of irrecoverable VAT and keeping abreast of current VAT legislation
- To review VAT returns, providing guidance to the team as required
- Responsible for audits of VAT and local filings
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s in Accounting preferred
- Big Four accounting experience preferred
- Eight plus years accounting operations experience with two years of experience in a senior manager role (preferably in banking).
- Experience with an ERP software package
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel etc) with strong excel experience required
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and integrity skills
To APPLY please visit https://jobs.dib.ae