Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 5 Years
- INDUSTRY Telecommunication
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
• Responsible for submitting a completed bid to an existing or prospective client, on time and within budget. Ensures that all the client’s questions have been answered as fully as possible, and that the organisation has given itself the best possible chance of success.
• Working under the direction of marketing director, the role involves leading all day-to-day aspects of an individual bid. Bid manager is involved in every aspect of the submission and have an excellent appreciation of what the client needs and how best to articulate how Vodafone Qatar can provide that. He or she works closely with a core team while bringing in subject matter experts when required.
• A bid manager is also the first point of contact for the client, and liaises with finance and pricing team who produce the price element of a bid. This is collated with the ‘quality’ submission, which is what bid managers generally work on.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• To manage the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities through SOAR
• Manage virtual bid teams across departments and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal technical, partners and delivery
• Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
• Risk tracking and management throughout the bid/SOAR process
• Contributing to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
• Manage the bid budget
• Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
• Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
Key performance indicators:
• Conversion rate (bids to win)
• Profitable growth with strong EBIDTA margin (to be agreed later on as part of objectives)
Budget owned: NA
Direct reports: NA
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Telecom / fixed background
Core competencies, knowledge and experience :
8-12 years of industry related experience in bid management with proven capability in delivering winning, multi-million riyals deals with complex services opportunities
•Commercial Awareness :
A strong Bid Manager will need to be able to understand in great detail the needs and requirements of the customer. Bid documentation can often be very formal in its nature. Purchasing companies may often provide only a vague context around why they are outsourcing a particular project. A good project manager will be able to identify fully the motivations of the purchaser to their advantage.
Bids are usually requested in line with very clear deadlines. Bid Managers must ensure that all the information is ready before the bid is submitted. Liaising with various stakeholders, undertaking research, identifying budgets and other responsibilities all act as part of this process.
The successful bid writer must not only have excellent verbal presentation skills, should the bid require this, but also the ability to present in writing a fluid business proposal. If the customer cannot understand the details of the bid then they are less likely to proceed.
•Financial Awareness :
Above all else a bid for a project must make commercial sense for the bidding company. The Bid Manager will need to be capable of understanding the pricing needs of the customer whilst ensuring that the costs they require to manage a project are not too high in order to deliver profit.
Finally a good Bid Manager will be capable of communicating with a range of stakeholders to ensure that a successful bid comes together and is ready for submission.
Unit 207, Level 2, Tech 2, Qatar Science & Technology Park Al Gharaffa Street, Al Rayyan