Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Career Level Manager
- Experience 5 Years
- INDUSTRY Energy / Natural Resource / Oil and Gas
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Lead the Business Planning Department of Q-Chem ensuring effective corporate planning and performance review through the implementation and on-going development of the corporate business cycle and the related systems, processes, performance measures, activities and reporting.
Quality, Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and relevant quality, health, safety, security and environmental procedures and controls across the Section to guarantee employee safety and delivery of high quality products/services.
- Develop and execute the Department long-term strategic plan in alignment with the corporate strategies.
- Develop annual business plans for the Department and ensure the achievement of financial and strategic objectives.
- Report to the Chief Strategy Officer on the progress of activities against the annual business plans, opportunities, challenges and issues faced, mitigations taken, etc. as required, to make an informed decision.
- Manage the performance of the department’s employees, define workforce requirements, ensure recruitment, training and development of talent, in conjunction with the Human Capital Department to achieve business objectives.
- Ensure the implementation of the Qatarization strategic plans by developing and assisting qualified Qatari Nationals to occupy potential vacancies so as to adhere to set Qatarization targets.
- Prepare and recommend the Department’s budget in alignment to the respective annual business plan.
- Monitor the Department’s financial performance against the approved budget, identify areas of unsatisfactory performance (if any), and recommend mitigating actions.
Preparation of Business Plans
- Preparation of business plans (short term, medium term and long term).
- Discuss the action plans with all concerned
- Develop an implementation timeline and follow up of the action plans
Develop Corporate Goals, Objectives and KPIs:
- Develop Corporate Goals
- Work with Leadership Team in developing the Objectives for each Group
- Develop KPI metrics
- Balanced Scorecard
- Monthly update of the Goals, Objectives and KPIs
- Develop action plans
- Identify new business opportunities
- Identify areas of improvements which results in Business Value Addition
- Administer the key current agreements of the Company
- Support the Chief Strategy Officer in Developing/reviewing certain agreements
- Prepare cost analysis reports for Senior Management
- Support the timely completion of all presentation materials for the quarterly Board Meetings
Benchmark Studies and Gap Closure Plans
- Coordinate the benchmark studies for all the plants.
- Develop and monitor action plans.
Policies, System, Processes and Procedures
- Manage the development and implementation of departmental policies, systems, processes and procedures in order to ensure operational excellence. Identify and manage the implementation of improvements to ensure compliance with Q-Chem’s standards and regulatory requirements that are aligned to business needs to increase operational effectiveness.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qatari Nationals will be preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- MBA will be an asset
- Experience in Business Planning roles in Oil and Gas Industry, preferably in the Petrochemical Sector
- 10+ years of experience in total, out of which at least 5 years in a Senior / Middle Management role.
- Proficient in English
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Team worker / Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Solid commercial understanding
- Good knowledge on MS office applications
- Proven ability to quickly grasp industry and business-wide concept in order to assess implications to drive actions and to capitalize on opportunities.