- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 5 Years
- INDUSTRY Building / Construction / Property
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
We at Al Tayer Group are looking for a Chief Accountant as a part of the corporate Finance team to continually support the management in decision-making and planning through analysis and reporting of financial performance, maintaining effective controls over the company’s financial processes and preparing financial statements, management information, and budgets of the company in line with the Al Tayer Group (ATG) guidelines
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of the Finance strategy for the company, ensuring that the strategy is in line with the Group’s overall strategic direction.
- Provide input on the company’s budget and control expenses of the function, ensuring it stays within its operating budget
- Manage the timely preparation of the financial budget for the company in line with ATG requirements.
- Ensure effective implementation and enforcement of the approved budget; monitor and report on budget variance and identify key issues and potential corrective action.
- Provide key financial information within established timelines in areas such as operating results and budget versus actual and resolve any issues with respect to planning and budgeting.
- Ensure timely preparation and communication of periodic financial reports to Group Corporate Finance based on the guidelines defined.
- Manage financial reporting processes, monitor progress against budget and carry out periodic reviews, performance and valuation of assets and report findings.
- Work with Group IT to ensure the overall accuracy, completeness, timeliness and usability of system generated financial data.
- Monitor the ongoing financial performance of the company and provide continued visibility to management
- Monitor the day-to-day cash needs for the company to ensure adequate liquidity.
- Ensure the implementation and enforcement of the established financial strategy as well as the financial policies and procedures and systems, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Manage the external audit process including preparation of year end and interim financial statements to be produced in line with ATG and up to date IFRS guidelines
- Provide financial and commercial analysis for business development opportunities and other adhoc projects, including NPV and IRR calculations to support the company’s decision making processes.
- Contribute to the annual and quarterly objective setting process for the business and how the company measures its achievement level for these objectives.
- Development and maintenance of VAT policies and procedures
- Accurate VAT return submission & provision of information on queries to VAT manager
- Guide and motivate subordinates to enhance performance and produce quality work, and ensure that they are continuously developed for higher level roles
Bachelors or Masters Degree holder with recognized professional qualification in Finance (CA, ACCA, CPA equivalent)
Minimum 5 – 7 years experience, with at least 3 years experience in chief accounting or budgeting and reporting role
Knowledge of Hyperion system is advantageous