- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 3 Years
- Gender Both
- INDUSTRY Medical / Pharmaceutical
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Sidra’s Vision is: “Sidra Medical and Research Center will be a beacon of learning, discovery and exceptional care, ranked among the top medical centers in the world”.
Achieving this vision will encompass three essential activities:
World Class: Patient and Family Centered Care Health Education Biomedical Discovery
Sidra works closely with Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar and Hamad Medical Corporation across all three activities to raise the standard of health and health care throughout the State of Qatar.
Our interprofessional teams will work collaboratively to secure wellness optimizing patient/family outcomes to contribute to Sidra’s reputation as a high reliability organization. Clinical research focused on education, quality improvements and a culture of patient and family safety will be used to inform and guide best practice standards.
The Clinical Nurse Manager has 24-hour operational accountability for a specific unit/service. As a key member of the multi-disciplinary team ensures that standards for nursing care are adhered to at unit level. The Clinical Nurse Manager is fully responsible for the unit budget, patient experience and outcomes and staff performance and development. S/He works collaboratively to ensure that commissioning, recruitment, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with Sidra’s plans and timelines. The Clinical Nurse Manager is professionally accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Ensures that patient care is provided in accordance with established standards of nursing care, accreditation, policies, guidelines and protocols of Sidra and the State of Qatar
- Plans for resource allocation that meets patient population needs. Ensures staffing ratios and patient assignments are reflective of patient census, acuity, level of education, and capabilities of staff
- Assumes financial responsibility through budget management for the unit to ensure that patient services are provided in a timely, efficient and effective manner. Balances financial responsibility against safe patient care
- Manages ongoing individual performance appraisals, development plans and professional goals for unit staff members
- Leads, plans, implements and evaluates the operational care delivery at a unit level
- Achieves goals and objectives by embracing evidence and research to support transformational changes
- Sets and monitors performance standards against patient outcomes
- Monitors and implements the comprehensive unit based safety program takes corrective action as required
- Establishes and analyzes areas of improvement through data to prepare necessary reports
- Develops, reviews and revises unit procedures as required
- Leads and participates in organization-wide performance improvement activities and committees as assigned
- Provides support for Shared Governance at unit level
- Partners with clinical educators in planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and staff education requirements
- Drives the implementation of patient experience principles, provides service recovery, and identifies and implements continuous improvement opportunities as required
- Monitors and analyzes performance data to ensure that unit KPIs are achieved identifies opportunities for improvement and implements solutions
- Leads and manages the selection, development and retention of all staff within the unit
- Serves as a professional and clinical role model for staff and acts as an advocate for patients and their families
- Promotes positive staff morale by building and maintaining relationships.
- Ensures clinical practitioner competence and professional nursing credibility
- Deputizes for the Director of Nursing as required
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Adheres to Sidra’s Professional Code of Conduct for Nursing
In view of the evolving needs and opportunities within Sidra during this pre-operational phase, this position may be required to perform other duties as assigned and reporting relationships may vary.