Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 3 Years
- INDUSTRY Telecommunication
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Cloud and Hosting Manager (3-6 month contractual role) – QAT000007
Here at Vodafone, we connect everybody to live a better today, and build a better tomorrow.. That could be providing superfast network speeds to smartphones, providing ‘ unified communications’ through fixed solutions, making the lives of farmers easier with mobile money payments or streaming music into a car. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people making Vodafone a great place to work.
Are you ready to help our customers discover, understand and enjoy the best that connectivity can offer? The adventure starts here
Here we don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. For us, happy employees equal happy customers
As a part of the team, we are;
Looking for a smart, highly collaborative and commercially savvy leader to develop and grow our cloud and hosting business in Qatar.
As Portfolio Lead you will define, own and manage the roadmap for our service offerings responsive to our enterprise customers needs. Using insights from the marketplace, our customers and internal and external technology insight, you will lead the definition of a portfolio roadmap relevant and compelling to new and existing Vodafone Qatar customers and to make true our ambitious growth plan. Having defined the roadmap, you will create a GTM build and launch our products in the market place and then work to optimise marketplace traction.
We’re looking for someone with an interest in shaping the future of a fast paced business. You will be curious about the possibilities of cloud now and into the future, including distinctive ideas around leveraging Vodafone’s existing world class network, capabilities in unified communications, Internet of Things and Security. You will bring insight to the product research and development process, and bring a commercial insight to product channel, proposition and price. The role will imply the establishment and oversight of external product and services partnerships.
It will be your job to ensure that the products we take to market engage and excite our enterprise customers, analysts, thought leaders, journalists, partners and our employees by demonstrating the benefits of our Total Cloud Hybrid portfolio. You will need to work cross functionally with Vodafone Group Enterprise, Group Technology and Operating Company (OpCo) teams across a range of sales and marketing functions, effectively influencing and driving our business objectives responsive to their needs. Once launched, you will actively engage with sales activities to assure sustainable success and growth.
To be successful in this role you will have leadership experience and enjoyed business success in the cloud & hosting industry. Insight to cloud infrastructure services is a prerequisite. You will be comfortable working in a matrix organisation, effectively collaborating with a wide range of disciplines from sales marketing to technology delivery. You are comfortable working internationally, across a range of channels and you have good commercial instincts. You exercise sound judgement, have a style compatible with diverse stakeholder groups, and can juggle multiple competing priorities. You are also comfortable picking up new technologies quickly.
Things happen quickly at Vodafone and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player – a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn’t frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
What kind of tasks will you have?
• Identify market opportunity for “Cloud Services”
• Customer segments/targets
• Product & service identification
• Market entry strategy
• investment strategy & business case support
• Define market entry plan
• Identify resources & support recruitment
• Define roadmap
• Channel strategy
• Refined business plans at product level
• GTM Plans
• Collaborate with commercial functions to develop multi-year business cases backed up by executable plans and governance structures.
• Refine proposition, product features relevant to market specific channels of differing maturity and price sensitivity.
• Work closely with executives and cross-functional teams to drive new product development and in life product enhancements.
• Formulate partnerships which add value to the Vodafone cloud proposition and accelerate marketplace traction and customer success
• Effectively plan launch activities, relevant to market and channel and work with sales teams to enable early wins and to deliver compelling customer success stories.
• Represent our roadmap to customers, partners and analysts to enhance our brand and position Vodafone as the leading player in its chosen cloud markets.
Long term Objectives
• Evaluate current and future external trends; have insight to the competitor landscape and the Vodafone technology vision.
• Collaborate with other Portfolio Heads, Marketing, Group Enterprise, Group Technology and OpCo’s to assess opportunity and demand.
• With reference to the Cloud business plan, shape a portfolio of customer propositions that can meet or beat our business objectives
• Shape propositions relevant to market channel, defining price, partner and product attributes for approval and progress in the New Project Development (NPD) process.
• Obtain commitments from relevant stakeholders regarding delivery and testing, Enterprise and OpCo sales enablement and marketing and relevant partners to ass
We have been searching for you, if you have
• 8-10 years of total work experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Cloud & Hosting
• 2years experience in Leadership role.
Commitment from Vodafone
What is the key to our success? It’s simple – our people. Across a Global footprint, we believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours. From our diverse workforce, to our creative work spaces, we embrace a culture of learning and sharing to develop our next stage growth. It’s in our hearts to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate.
We are committed to developing the very best people by motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We respect, value and celebrate our people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. Our excellent flexible benefits programme allows you to choose what’s right for you. Our Vodafone Foundation gives the ability for our people to give something back. We embrace empowering our people to shape their world. That’s what we mean when we say Power to you.