- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 5 Years
- INDUSTRY Energy / Natural Resource / Oil and Gas
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC in Qatar for a:
CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR – MECHANICAL
This is an opportunity for to supervises and controls the site construction installation of all Mechanical works associated with the Building Services and Infrastructure projects in the QP Operational areas as assigned.
Your main duties will be to:
– Liaise and co-ordinate with different discipline Supervisors, Projects Engineers, End Users, Asset Holders and other client relevant departments.
– Assist in Contractor’s mobilisation and demobilisation.
– Review the project planning and scheduling for projects during the construction phase, identify any construction slippages and assist in optimising the contractor’s resources.
– Review construction method statements, pre commissioning procedures and endorse red mark drawings and project dossiers.
– Control and endorse work permits for the project work and ensure that QP’s safety regulations, project safety plans, client Qatar’s safety and environment regulations are understood and followed by the contractor.
– Inspect construction works and materials in accordance with project Quality plans and Inspection & Test plans.
– Attend weekly progress meetings, update the daily and weekly construction progress reports and verify contractor’s progress statements for accuracy.
– In co-ordination with end users, prepare and categorise punch list and ensure that the contractor clears all punch list items.
– Co-ordinate and assist during pre commissioning and commissioning activities.
– Initiate the Mechanical Completion Certificate and assist in the Operational and Final Handover of the Building.
Ideally you will have a Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from an internationally recognized University. Relevant courses in Safety, Quality Control and Construction will be an added advantage.
You should have a minimum of 10 years or more of Construction related experience in Building Services (HVAC systems, Water supply systems, Fire fighting systems and other building utilities) and all mechanical related Infrastructure works in oil & gas industry.
You will have been exposed to different cultures, backgrounds and environments with strong leadership and have the ability “to take action”, be the “decision-maker” with “common sense”.
You will have a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity. All our positions are suitable for disabled people.
SPIE Oil and Gas Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.