- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 7 Years
- INDUSTRY Telecommunication
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
About Vodafone :
We’re one company, one team and one brand. You’ll be working for one of the Top 15 brands in the world and the world’s largest Telecommunications provider. We are made up of many different people and cultures and we celebrate our diversity and our local roots. We ensure local culture is reflected in what we do – both internally and in the marketplace.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work.
What is it like to work at Vodafone Qatar ? We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We provide our staff with a unique work environment where you will interact with a diverse and multicultural group who want to listen and share ideas.Our managers lead by example, building a workplace full of motivated, energised people .Our mission as an employer is to offer opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and empower you to be at your best.
Role Purpose :
This position requires a highly motivated and experienced individual in both Business Information and Physical Data modelling. The Senior Data Warehouse Data Modeller is responsible for transforming business information into Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models that deliver diverse reporting, analytic, and downstream system integration capabilities. Data Warehouse supports Vodafone Qatar business in multiple functions and enterprise wide. Key customers include Business Intelligence (Finance), Customer Value management (CVM), Marketing, Sales, Customer Care and Technology. This position will work with BI Analysts, DBAs, System Analysts, Data Warehouse Architect and Developers to design, develop and continuously refine the conceptual, logical and physical data models as well as source to target mapping and reverse engineered data mapping.
The role includes business requirements gathering, source systems data profiling/analysis, source to target mapping, 3NF modelling and presentation layer design. Data modelling should provide the business with a solution that meets their functional requirements and aligns to the Vodafone Qatar standards.
Your Responsibilities will include ;
• Collecting system/business requirements for Business Intelligence, Reporting and Analytics solutions.
• Profile and analyse source systems, working with source system and application owners to understand source data structures.
• Facilitate the discovery of entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules from the functional experts and the business users
• Work together as part of IT delivery ensuring DWH deliverables are providing on time in each gate i.e. Mapping Document, Design document etc.
• Design Data model and ETL mappings including diagram and source to target mappings document, ensuring the business requirement is met.
• Modify the physical data model for efficient data access paths.
• Generate DDL to create databases, tables, and views
• Ensure best performance for data model access by identifying needed indexes, partitions, materialized views …etc.
• Work closely with Development team to assist in the build phase of projects.
• Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to ensure the design is meeting standards and delivering the right quality to the business
• Maintain technical and business Metadata in the Data Warehouse.
• Alignment with Vodafone Group around modelling governance.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
• 7+ years of Data-Warehousing experience including 5+ years data modelling.
• Proficient in 3rd normal form relational modelling and dimensional modelling for data marts
• Excellent data mapping specification writing skills
• Proficient in working on data modelling tools. Preferred PowerDesigner or Erwin
• Expert SQL and Database skills on Oracle and/or Teradata
• Experience with a number of ETL tools. Preferred ODI, Ab Initio, Informatica.
• Telecommunication Industry Experience
• Has good knowledge of Telecom & BSS systems – Prepaid, Postpaid, CRM etc.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Bachelor Degree in Information Systems / Computer Science (or similar)
Commitment from Vodafone :
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender or age.