- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 4 Years
- INDUSTRY Energy / Natural Resource / Oil and Gas
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Amec Foster Wheeler are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer in our office in Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia. We are currently looking for a person with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC, to ensure that the Company continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements.
We have been awarded contracts by our client for the provision of engineering and project management services for their Unconventional Gas Development Program. The program covers current field development in 3 different parts of Saudi Arabia with potential further field developments to be added later as the Program develops and expands. The Unconventional Gas development program is focused on increasing gas production via the development of shale gas and tight gas resources in the Kingdom. The new sources of gas are intended to displace middle and heavy distillate fuels currently used in power generation within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Develop detailed design deliverables defining distribution, protection and control schemes
- Execute assigned work, and deliver documentation within the project schedule
- Develop specifications and data sheets and prepare material requisitions for LV & HV electrical switchgear, UPS, MCC, power transformers, trace heating materials and distribution equipment, earthing and other electrical equipment
- Develop power system studies in ETAP software
- Produce calculations – cable sizing, equipment sizing, lightning & earthing, emergency generator sizing
- Produce schedules – load schedules, cable & conduit schedules, control and indication schedules
- Produce metering & protection drawings for HV / LV switchgears
- Review vendor’s quotations, prepare technical quotation evaluation and recommend the final technically acceptable vendor
- Technically approve order variation summaries; review and approve vendor order documentation
- Coordinate and liaise with other departments
- Carry out technical investigations, produce technical reports, engineering standards and procedures
- Demonstrate sound technical knowledge, coupled with decision making skills, to ensure the timely delivery of projects
- Engineering degree qualification is essential
- Charted Engineer certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of eight years Oil and Gas experience including five years Middle East experience
- Computer literate
- High motivation, ability to work independently and confidence in your own ability to deliver the Electrical scope on a project
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.