- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 8 Years +
- INDUSTRY Energy / Natural Resource / Oil and Gas
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products, synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA) andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha, Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed to one thing aboveall: Excellence.
Primary purpose of job
Accountable for the development and establishment of Emergency Response best practices across the Industrial Cities Directorate ensuring continuous improvement in the deployment of resources and their response to incidents.Leads the Emergency Operations Group during all major emergency incidents in the industrial cities making strategic decisions on behalf of the Director of the Industrial Cities (DC) to mitigate the effects of the incident on the population, multi-national companies and the national economy.
Experience & Skills
- Ideally have more than 15 years’ experience in an Emergency Response related profession with emergency planning experience for the oil, gas or chemical industry.
- Must be an effective communicator with over 10 years of experience producing and delivering strategic high level presentations to senior management from industry.
- Must be assertive, confident, and knowledgeable and demonstrate significant leadership qualities and must be able to make considered decisions of regional and national importance in times of emergency within the industrial cities.
Must have a Degree or equivalent in an Emergency Response related field of study, such as safety, health, environment, fire, security, risk management, emergency planning or disaster management.