Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Career Level Manager
- Experience 8 Years +
- INDUSTRY Energy / Natural Resource / Oil and Gas
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Randstad MENA is seeking an experienced Environmental Manager on behalf of a major client. This is a permanent staff position based in Saudi Arabia.
Reports To: VP Smelter
- Prepares and supervises the implementation of policies and procedures for Environment throughout the organization. Plans, develops, implements and maintains various programs necessary to maintain high quality and environment programs in the organization. Investigates and advises on matters related to incidents or accidents and recommend alternate methods of operation to prevent their recurrence. Leads and directs the work of Environment in coordination with operating personnel at all offices, mines plants and construction and exploration site and assumes general supervision of Environment employees.
- Makes regular visits to the village and other company operation sites to assess the right implementation of company environment policy.
- Reviews, prepares and supervises the company policies and procedures for Environment.
- Monitors environment activity at Ras Al-Khair including directing and managing accident investigation and programs of emergency preparedness, environmental compliance, environmental safety, waste disposal, laboratory and chemical safety etc.,
- Evaluates and determines the environmental baseline and impacts, including but not restricted to – people, plants, animals, air, water, etc. – of the company’s operations at all sites. Prepares reports detailing such impacts and recommending solutions as well as internal plan auditing.
- Manages contracting of Environment activity, evaluation, screening, recommending contractors and monitoring their work. Support Finance Division in negotiating insurance contracts and in pursuing claims.
- Provides input to Smelter Planning related to Environment activity, strategy, objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Develops and implements training programs to improve Environment activity at operation of projects. Includes raising environment awareness and improving response time in cases of emergency.
- Surveys works, methods and practices at plants and other areas to determine extent of compliance with environment policy and measures. Develops work standard operating procedures to minimize unnecessary exposure to unsafe working conditions. Trains personnel in new procedures and follows up to ensure proper implementation.
- Reviews and assesses potential risk associated with the new projects and make necessary recommendation.
- Prepares monthly reports and statistics relating to accidents and injuries at plants and other industrial areas indicating trends and raises recommendations to local management for further action.
- Monitors environmental regulatory activities, i.e. rules & regulations, decrees and laws.
- Ensures compliance with applicable environmental and occupational health regulations, as well as industry practices in a professional and cost effective manner.
- Initiates and develops necessary programs for preventing or minimizing environmental impact and health hazard associated with business.
- Works in existing environmental programs like global warming, standards and Saudi environment law, Montreal protocol, Basel convention, CFC & Ozone layer depletion etc. and chemical safety.
- Inspects, supervises and manages environmental activities such as air emissions monitoring, and reducing of gases, ground water monitoring, noise level control, magnetic field, monitoring of hazardous wastes, initiates and develops necessary programs for preventing or minimizing environment impact and health hazard associated with international regulations and our local guidelines, conducts training programs on environmental development, industrial hygiene and safety and develop environmental management system.
- Supervises the activities of personnel assigned to Environment Section.
- Develops environment flyers and brochures, distributes to employees and posts in public access areas to instill and raise environment awareness among all concerned.
- Carries out regular inspection tours of all facilities to identify hazardous and unsafe working conditions as well as ensure compliance with established programs. Studies recommendation from subordinates and or the field and institutes changes in the programs as required.
- B. Sc. in Engineering in chemical, Environmental or Safety.
- 15 years’ experience in Environmental and control preferably the mining industry
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Computer literate – PC applications.