- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 8 Years +
- INDUSTRY Telecommunication
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
We are looking for a Fibre Deployment Manager who will join our Rollout & Fixed Team in Qatar and will have overall responsibility of the delivery of different fixed infrastructure projects & the development of Vodafone Fixed network & Data centers. You will also have a primary oversight on designated OSP/ISP Fixed projects including coordination of design, Budget Planning, agree on deliverables, creation of schedules, milestones & implementation follow-up.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Effective management of the connectivity proposals, SOWs, RFPs, bids, scope definition, engineering design cycles and design review and approvals up to project delivery & contract closure
• CAPEX & OPEX Budget forecast, tracking & provide solutions to optimize different resources utilization
• Vendor management : resources assignment, tracking vendor performance against contracted SoW, highlight Risks & resolve conflicts to ensure smooth delivery of the projects on time
• Manages ROW and permit acquisition process and aggressive deployment schedules to be delivered by construction vendors
• Work with supply chain to prepare RFPs, Bill of Materials for new Fibre projects
• Provide weekly project status reports highlighting (financials, schedules, Risks & Mitigations)
• Provide construction consulting services for the Optical Data Network (Manholes, splitters, duct, sub-ducts, cables, ODFs, FTBs, racks …etc)
• Work closely and support different internal teams and coordinate with external partners or Gov. Entities
• Ensure all fibre network HLD/LLD documents are accurately updated and operationalized to include route as builds and GIS & CAD data files
Core competencies, knowledge and experience required:
• Knowledge of construction management, Budget Planning , Project Management
• Knowledge of International industry standards, building codes and safety standards is necessary & particularly for Local Qatari standards is an advantage
• Familiar with different Fixed technologies & Transmission network architectures
• Negotiation skills and ability to provide solutions to problems under tight deadlines
• Proven organizational skills with the ability to plan for and meet tight deadlines.
Technical / professional qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering degree
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in fibre optic network construction, outside plant, telecommunications architecture and optical transport equipment
• Proven record of Data-Center & Fibre build projects
• Project Management certification (PMP, Prince-2) with experience in MS Project/Primavera
• BICSI RCDD certification or equivalent is preferred
What is the key to our success? It’s simple – our people. Across a Global footprint, we believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours. From our diverse workforce, our great working policies to our creative work spaces, we embrace a culture of learning and sharing to develop our next stage growth. It’s in our hearts to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate.
We are committed to developing the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We respect, value and celebrate our people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. We embrace empowering our people to shape their world. That’s what we mean when we say Power to you.