Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 4 Years
- INDUSTRY Airline
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring Tax Treaties to be entered, ensuring timely payment of tax liabilities and required filing in order to ensure full compliance with the tax laws for assigned countries where Qatar Airways operation exists, and also other regulatory laws while maintaining confidentiality of QR financial information.
- process the approvals for tax payments to be made in accordance with deadlines, planning for the job in advance and liaising with local station finance management.
- Assist in negotiating and entering into tax treaties with different countries through Qatar Ministry of Finance.
- Facilitate timely processing of required payments and filing ensuring Qatar Airways complies with Qatar tax regulations including the deductions and treatment of any withholding tax due.
- Ensure Qatar Airways complies with Qatar tax regulations including the deductions and treatment of any withholding tax due.
- Appointing advisors and statutory auditors for our branches in destination countries to meet the tax compliance requirements by coordinating with Contracts Department, tax firms, local lawyers and station finance management.
- Preparing Financials extract from ERP for other tax and other regulatory compliance.
- Review and analyse key documents (i.e. tax computation, payments and returns), monitor to ensure that all Station Finance-in-Charge representatives pay on time and prepare the necessary documentation in order to remain compliant with Global Transfer Pricing Policy, with regards to allocation of Head Office costs and preparation of Transfer Pricing Documentation.
- Participate to ensure full compliance with tax laws(both direct and indirect taxes) in destination countries where Qatar Airways operates closely coordinating with station finance-in-charge and appointed advisors on submitted tax payments/tax returns filing/tax assessment proceedings.
You will have a Bachelors Degree or equivalent with preferably a CA, ACCA or CPA qualification. In addition you will have a minimum 4 years of work experience in both direct and indirect tax and experience working in compliance department handling both direct /indirect tax compliance in a large scale organisation or multinational organisation. The preferred candidate will have 4 years of experience both in direct and indirect tax from the airline industry.
In addition, you will have the following job specific knowledge, skills and experience:
- Sound understanding of tax principles governing compliance of Direct Taxes and Indirect Tax laws.
- Able to correctly interpret the provisions of tax/corporate laws to comply with the provision of laws.
- Understanding of provisions relating to computation of taxable income, assessment, appeal procedures.
- Understanding of DTAA’s (Double Tax Treaty Agreements) to ensure effective utilisation of tax relief’s granted as per DTAA’s.
- Knowledge of Transfer Pricing regulation shall be added advantage.
- Good communication skills to effectively communicate the message to all stakeholders.
- Candidates possessing the above requisites from airline industry is preferred
- Exposure to Foreign Exchange Regulation, Corporate Laws and allied laws..
1. Resume / CV