- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 5 Years
- INDUSTRY Hospitality / Hotel Services
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
At InterContinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the world over.Duties and responsibilitiesFinancial Returns
- Use financial analysis, data trends and market information to anticipate needs, identify operating/financial issues, and recommend actions to maximise financial return.
- Assist DOFBS to create the annual operating budget for the property and provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for department heads.
- Assist DOFBS to analyse ROI for capital projects prior to committing funds and, upon completion, determine if anticipated results were achieved.
- Assist DOFBS to maximise cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory (avoid excessive supply), credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances.
- Assist to review rates and recommend rate strategy to the General Manager; participate in sales strategy meetings.
- Manage day-to-day activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognise good performance.
- Educate, train and motivate finance and accounting teams to achieve hotel revenue goals. Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties. Provide direction to hotel employees on how decision-making impacts profits.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with key department heads.
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Participate in
- Ensure accounting practices, support the guest experience through payment options (example: credit card systems, room charges), inventory controls and financial dispute resolution.
- Implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices as required by company policy and procedures.
- Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems; maintain records for internal and external audits; ensure compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements.
- Participate in local recognised professional and industry organisations
- Manage hotel contracts (example: vendor leases and/or service contracts)
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
JobAccountingPrimary LocationIMEA_MiddleEast-United Arab Emirates-FU-FujairahFeb 16, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification
- 3 – 4 years experience of accounting in a reputable hotel
- Fluency in English
- A strong analytical mind