- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 8 Years +
- INDUSTRY Telecommunication
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Excellent package and benefits on offer.
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career.
About the role
This role reports into the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for the overall company governance, direction, co-ordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of major cross-functional initiatives, ensuring consistency with our company strategy, commitments and goals.
You will need to be a confident communicator with strong influencing, negotiation and problem solving skills, experienced in working up to senior management level and have the ability to structure complex information and communicate in the most appropriate way to the relevant stakeholders.
Strong skills and experience in using a wide range of project delivery tools and techniques are important. Working with teams across the business and Group, you will establish and ratify requirements, as well as initiating, structuring and leading projects of variable risk and complexity through to completion.
You will maintain stakeholder engagements with key individuals at various levels across the organisation, resolving issues and making recommendations to mitigate project delays.
This role will suit an individual who is keen to develop their careers in a fast-paced, commercially driven and customer-focussed environment.. You will also be responsible for:
• Accountable for the project management of major cross-functional initiatives assigned to PMO function covering areas of scope management, risk & issue management, change management, resource management, budget management & communication management
• Manage related project budget and deliver high quality service, from initiation through to transition into BAU
• Accountable for co-ordination of a multitude of governance forums
• Manage key stakeholders in the delivery chain, leading the project communication at management and project levels to ensure awareness of project scope and progress
• Ensure all projects meet the gate or check point criteria as set out in Vodafone project governance framework(s)
• Lead virtual teams across business and Group
• Supporting COO on internal Strategic plan and execution definition and monitoring
To achieve the above, we are looking for some with the following skills and experience:
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in Telecom at a senior level capacity in project management.
• Ability to work on projects that span multi-disciplinary areas of differing size and complexity to meet business expectations and deliver results.
•Self-motivated individual with exceptional organisational, influencing, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Confident and able to liaise and influence at all levels within Vodafone and/or relevant customer and third party organisations.
• Excellent planning skills with demonstrable experience of the production of plans to describe stage, phase, dependency and milestones.
• Ability to manage virtual teams and third parties, across multi business areas to lead and drive activities to meet the agreed project timelines and financial targets.
• Use of applied thinking to pursue and navigate complex challenges or dependencies to ensure the project outcomes are as expected.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.