- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 4 Years
- Gender Both
- INDUSTRY Telecommunication
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team – and it’s a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo’s future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
To manage the purchasing function of frequently purchased goods and services under a given limit and ensure the company purchases supplies at the best possible price with the most favourable terms and does so to International best practice standards within the telecommunications industry.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures consistent with organisational requirements to ensure Ooredoo has a purchasing system that meets international best practice standards.
- Develops POs & PRs in order to obtain best possible pricing and terms for Ooredoo when its purchases supplies.
- Ensures that purchasing business practices within the unit are compliant with Ooredoo policies and regulations, and any applicable international laws.
- Ensure all processes within the unit are followed, managed and updated on a regular basis to the highest quality standards as defined by Ooredoo Senior Management.
- Monitor and push through adequate controls to ensure quality and best prices.
- Participate in the process of the establishment of a vendor database by working closely with the Contracts, Strategic sourcing, and materials management teams.
- Create close and efficient links, and relationships with Materials Management, Contracts Section, Legal Counsel, Strategic sourcing, and Vendors for the effective management of the procurement process.
- Assist head of Supply Chain in developing a policy for Supplier Management outlining Ooredoo requirements and in line with the strategic direction of the organisation in order to set standards for building and maintaining relationships with long term suppliers
- Assists in responding to customer inquiries; serves as customer service representative.
- Proactively manage and motivate the team to be highly professional and results oriented.
- Work to improve employee performance through personal coaching and identifying training and development needs
- Ensure appropriate development plans are in place in order to meet the department’s on going demands.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise
- 5 years’ experience in Purchasing Management with a significant understanding of procurement negotiations to international industry standard.
- Knowledge of ERP solutions, for example Oracle financials, supply chain, projects and other ERP suite of applications.
- Specific knowledge in purchasing management within a telecoms environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline from a recognised tertiary institution
- MS Office
- Computer literacy and a good knowledge of standard office software.
- Must understands integrated supply chain concepts
- Must be knowledgeable in planning and forecasting systems (MRP/ERP/CRM)
- Must have experience in implementing Planning/Forecasting system
- Understanding of all Procurement processes and in particular to bid and tender evaluation processes
- Aware of Freight and Overseas Contracts terms and conditions
1. Resume / cv