Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 4 Years
- INDUSTRY Engineering - Electrical / Electronic / Mechanical
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Heavy Equipment technicians are cross-trained for the range of functions related to heavy equipment service and repairs – mechanical, hydraulic, electronic, electrical, transmission and air-conditioning systems. Scope of work may relate to oil & air/fuel filter change, brake and clutch, steering, carburettor, wheel alignment, transmission, radiator, fluids etc.
HEAVY EQUIPMENT – SERVICE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze work orders (Job Cards) carefully to understand the equipment’s condition, the accuracy of the diagnosis, and labor time agreed.
- Ask the Service Supervisor for clarification if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect.
- Determine which parts and tools will be required for a given repair or service and ensure their availability.
- Inform the Service Supervisor if additional parts need to be ordered.
- Complete routine services and repairs on equipment within the assigned timeframes.
- Document completed work orders to include the repairs conducted, the parts required and the labour involved.
- Document any other vehicle problems noted during servicing and document any additional repairs to be completed, the parts required, and the labor to be charged in order to gain customer approval on work order and service checklists.
- Interact directly with customers to explain vehicle problems and steps taken to correct the problems as needed.
- Document additional services or repairs conducted on vehicles.
- Ensure the security of all inventories and monitor the quality of parts.
- Undertake additional related responsibilities as required.
Related Diploma or certificate from Technical School or Training Institution
Work experience in a Komatsu dealership service outlet conducting routine services on heavy equipment.
Technical knowledge of various service requirements and diagnosis of issues – one or more of the following automotive disciplines: mechanical, electronic, electrical, transmission, air-conditioning, hydraulics
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Well-organized and systematic
- Detail oriented
- Technically competent with ability to diagnose/troubleshoot heavy equipment issues
- Ability to read and interpret work orders
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Manage Relationships & Diversity
- Customer Orientation
- Analysis & Problem Solving
- Learning and Self-Development
- Communicate with Others
- Time Management
- Planning & Organizing
- Manage & Develop People (if applicable)