- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 5 Years
- INDUSTRY Airline
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
To carry out and ensure that routine maintenance tasks and defect rectification of aircraft is carried out in accordance with laid down procedures and regulations.
BUSINESS OBJECTIVE: To carry out aircraft maintenance/servicing tasks compliant to manufacturers & local safety procedures. Ensure that the assigned zones/aircraft are maintained IAW the documentation issued by approved authorities ensuring compliance is maintained to the latest revisions. This is applicable to all Technical Publications e.g. Aircraft documentation, Technical Notices, Quality Notices, Engineering Procedures Manual etc. Staff must ensure their personal approval/licensing requirements are valid and applicable to aircraft types worked through close liaison with Quality Assurance/GCAA. Audit process and procedures to ensure the highest level of maintenance is achieved with the resources available. Ensure prompt attendance to all allocated aircraft arrival/departures with the intent to maximize the opportunities during ground time and avoid operational delays/disruptions.
- COST CONTROL: Ensure all off-aircraft tasks i.e. spares handling, robberies, hold items…etc. are handled strictly IAW Company procedures and all the relevant paperwork is actioned in a way that provides full transparency to all involved. Determine that any tooling/equipment used is serviceable and appropriate for the task and should be able to understand and use specialized tooling where required. Robbery procedures used as a method to reduce costs and ensure a right-first-time pocket of good practice is formulated to ensure costs are reduced by avoiding multiple attempts to rectify defects. Ensure trouble shooting follows laid down procedures and all tools used to ensure that fault rectification is carried out in the most expedient and cost effective manner. To ensure that effective and efficient use of ordering of spares/ materials takes place and that as a result DBNUs are reduced to zero.
- RESOURCES: Ensure resources and manpower available is supportive of the business needs allowing targets/milestones set to be adequately met. To carry out any component changes as is necessary as part of the troubleshooting process and as directed by immediate supervisor. This will include the ability to obtain and understand AMM, IPC, or other Manufacturer/vendor documentation required to carry out the task. Ensure that available resources are utilised fully to meet the business needs.
- SAFETY: Ensure that all activities performed and personnel responsible for are closely monitored to ensure the best possible application of safety rules and regulations are applied ensuring full understanding and adherence to Company procedures. Staff must highlight deficiencies/ requirements (whether for aircraft or hangar use) through the effective use of reporting tools in support of the overall quality improvement process and actively participate in propagating and enhancing the Group safety culture. Participate and promote in creating a safety culture in an effort to minimize accidents and highlight deficiencies/failures that can lead to such accidents. Ensure all work locations are kept clean and excellent housekeeping conditions are maintained. To avoid FOD, will be vigilant in ensuring work areas (including the ramp), vehicles, stands, lockers and toolboxes are all kept clean. Responsible of being fully conversant with airport safety regulations including, holding and maintaining an airport driving permit. Should be fully conversant with airport manoeuvring area requirements and be able to fully comply.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Establish effective up-down rapport with Manager, Senior Engineers and sub-ordinates to maintain a seamless flow of information to highlight/detect and address any scenarios/events that might be disruptive to the operation. Ensure all relevant reports pertaining to issues of service delays, incidents and accidents, are completed in detail identifying all elements leading up to events. This includes completion of the necessary documentation including all relevant information that will allow rectification of defects by concerned sections through short-term maintenance planning. Additional reviews of all other activities/actions must be performed to allow process improvements to be implemented as necessary.
- HR REVIEWS: Responsible for conducting performance reviews for staff under their direct control through the fair and just application of the Performance Matters! tool. Deficiencies or inability to meet objectives/competencies must be highlighted during interim reviews and an agreed course of action implemented to improve/correct any issues identified. Each to be effective in guiding/coaching/counselling junior staff assigned to their team, including National and Expat Trainees, ensuring action and development plans are in place to address any areas of concern. Ensure all staff allocated to him/her and themselves efficiently clock on/ clock off Job cards in the process of performing their usual duties. Must be available to assume duties and responsibilities of shift manager/senior engineer shift whenever delegated by the section manager.
- TRAINING: Attend training modules as and when required by the Company to enhance skills and understanding that will benefit the business. Required to undergo recurrent Human Factors Training, to comply with CAR 145 requirements every 2 years. Ensure that any training courses attended are turned into approvals as required within 3.5 months from completion of attended course.
- ADAPTABILITY (Specific to EK engineering): Be available to be deployed anywhere throughout the EK operation including diversionary airfields to assist in the recovery process of an AOG (Aircraft on Ground), and/or the aircraft/component manufacturers? facilities to act as EK Rep. to oversee the final assembly of Emirates? new aircraft, supervise any outsourced maintenance work and assisting in the acceptance/delivery process. Also available for postings to outstations to support the needs of EK operations.
National / Higher National Diploma (12+2 or equivalent) or Apprenticeship in Mechanical, Electronic, Avionics or Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent training with a reputable airline or an approved maintenance organisation.
Must have UAE GCAA/ ICAO Type II/ JAR 66 licence type rated in at least 1 Emirates aircraft type.
7+ years in aviation maintenance environment as an Aircraft Technician with a reputable airline or Aircraft Maintenance Organisation.
Fully conversant with Air Legislation and legal matters that relate to the operation and maintenance of aircraft to international standards.
Safety Sensitive role- Yes
Details of Safety Sensitive role ENA Working at height
Exposure to hazardous energy systems
Working in areas with motorised mobile equipment Yes Work in confined spaces
Contact with contaminations materials (Humans/Animals/Chemicals)
Contact with dangerous good
Work in an extremely noisy environment
Work in heat Yes Working with pressurised substances
Exposure to fixed protruding sharp objects
Exposure to contact with moving/falling objects
Airport driving permit
Salary and Benefits The Emirates Group is a highly profitable business with revenue of US$21.1 billion and over 50,000 employees. The Group comprises of dnata, one of the largest air services provider globally and Emirates airline, the Group’s rapidly expanding and award-winning international carrier. Within the Group there are a diverse range of businesses which offer a wide spectrum of career opportunities, all of which can be explored through the Group’s dedicated careers website, emirates.com/careers. Emirates flies one of the youngest, most innovative fleet in the sky to over 130 destinations across six continents and dnata’s network now extends across 100 locations worldwide. With our international network constantly expanding and opportunities arising in countries/cities outside of Dubai, we are looking for career motivated individuals to join our operations in their home countries. We offer our employee’s competitive remuneration packages, attractive travel benefits, and career development supported by multi-million dollar training facilities in Dubai, and e-Learning programmes for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
: Licensed Aircraft Engineer