- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 8 Years +
- INDUSTRY Airline
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Plan ahead of the flight so as to ascertain that requisite arrangements have been made at origin, destination and any en-route stations, and to accompany the aircraft while performing charter/scheduled operations, in order to ensure all ground operational activity takes place in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with Emirates/Airports standards and procedures.
- Plan ahead of the flight to ensure all ground handling arrangements are in place and ensure all information related to the ground handling agent, airport and load specification is obtained. Ensure that the Load is built up in accordance with the Emirates Standards, meeting all safety requirements.
- Supervise the Ground Handling Agent (GHA) to ensure that load optimization and loading efficiency is achieved taking into consideration requirements for all special cargo. Prepare the loading instruction report and issue to GHA in a timely manner so that the aircraft loading can commence.
- Ensure that the aircraft is unloaded in a safe and efficient manner. Ensure at all times that the handling of time/temperature and pharmaceutical shipments demonstrate compliance to the European Union Good Distribution Practice (EU GDP) requirements.
- Responsible for preparing the aircraft weight and balance, trim sheet and submit to the Pilot in command. Issue aircraft loading and unloading instructions.
- At destination ensure that General Declaration, flight plan and weather reports are obtained from the Ground Handling Agent and concerned authorities.
- Accountable for the punctuality of all flights and to ensure that an acceptable level of on-time departures is achieved. Liaise with crew hotel in the event of expected delay, to ensure crew calls are delayed and there is no impact on crew duty time.
- Maintain close contacts with Ground Handling Agents, Line Maintenance Engineers, and Local Airport Authorities etc. to ensure that the highest levels of Customer Service are consistently delivered.
- Assess serviceability of aircraft loading systems/equipment and liaise with Engineering for rectification as well as determine operational restrictions and limitations until systems are rectified.
- In the event of accompanying grooms, ensure all grooms are listed and approved for the flight and that their identities are checked prior to boarding the aircraft. Liaise with the grooms and crew for optimal loading positions for special loads.
- Accountable for carrying out the security search of the main deck cargo compartment to ensure that nothing has been placed that would jeopardize the safety of the aircraft. Ensure that all Aircraft Pre-Flight Security and preparation are carried as laid down in the Flight Operations Manual.
- Carry out Dangerous goods inspections related to aircraft loading and also deal with any DG related incidents related to flight and handling while the aircraft is on Ground. Ensure necessary Permits and paper work related to special types of cargo such as AVI and Dangerous Goods that require special clearance, to avoid problems at destinations and transit stations.
– Minimum of 5 years experience within the Airline Cargo sector, ideally within a freighter and
– Freighter Weight & Balance certified.
– Minimum Dangerous Goods CAT 8 Qualified, Dangerous Goods CAT6 would be an advantage.
– Freighter/Special Cargo handling and aircraft loading including IATA LAR experience.
This is a highly Safety Sensitive Role, details of this environment include the below;
- Hazards working at height
- Exposure to hazardous energy systems
- Working in confined spaces
- Contact with human waste
- Contact with other hazardous materials
- Heavy lifting
- Working in a noisy environment
- Airport driving permit is required
Salary and Benefits The Emirates Group is a highly profitable business with revenue of US$21.1 billion and over 50,000 employees. The Group comprises of dnata, one of the largest air services provider globally and Emirates airline, the Group’s rapidly expanding and award-winning international carrier. Within the Group there are a diverse range of businesses which offer a wide spectrum of career opportunities, all of which can be explored through the Group’s dedicated careers website, emirates.com/careers. We offer our employee’s competitive remuneration packages, attractive travel benefits, and career development supported by multi-million dollar training facilities in Dubai, and e-Learning programmes for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.