Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Career Level Manager
- Experience 3 Years
- Gender Both
- INDUSTRY Airline
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Reporting to the VP Cargo Revenue Management you will have overall operational responsibility for the management of all functions related to the revenue optimization of the cargo capacity of the QR flights (Passenger and Freighter flights). Set strategic objectives, lead and motivate the Cargo Revenue Management and Cargo System and Process teams
- Set the strategic objectives in terms of Revenue, Profitability, Customer Performance (Flown as Planned, Response time on operational requests) and Team Performance (Productivity, Knowledge, Development).
- Ensure the organisation follows a network based approach in order to optimize the network margin as opposed to individual flight legs.
- Ensure a consistent integrated strategy is applied across RM, pricing and Sales functions, in order to improve margin per unit of capacity.
- Set the strategic direction for the planning of demand (Allocated and Free Sales Capacity) for current and next season.
- Set the RM policies and inventory management strategies: inventory controls, optimum mix between Allotment Capacity and Free-Sales Capacity, overbooking, entry-conditions.
- Define the improvement of the RM processes to ensure an efficient management of the inventory to maximize revenues.
- Define, maintain and improve interface processes with Operations (Cargo and Ground Services) to maximize the utilization of the available cargo capacity on the flights, and to limit the non-quality due to offloads.
- Set and dynamically adapt the strategic plan to achieve department targets and monitor and report the achievement of the department against strategic targets to VP Cargo Revenue Management
- Lead and manage the evolution of the Cargo RM organization, processes and tools
- Ensure an efficient use of the cargo Revenue Management system and constantly suggest system enhancements or development of new systems.
- Ensure key interface processes with other cargo departments (Cargo Pricing, Cargo Sales, Cargo Operations, Cargo Network Planning) are well implemented, consistent, and support efficient and effective collaboration and decision-making.
- Ensure consistent business approach across all markets while taking into consideration individual markets specifics.
- Ensure an optimal inventory mix between Free-Sales Capacity and Allocated Capacity.
- Ensure all processes are in place and executed to manage efficiently the Allocated Capacity.
- Ensure effective inventory controls are in place to manage efficiently the Free Sales Capacity.
- Ensure optimal overbooking policy is in place to compensate the no-show / low-shows and avoid revenue loss.
- Act as the main counterpart from the Cargo RM Department with Cargo Network Planning Team for medium-term capacity planning. Suggest and initiate the required freighter changes for current and future season based on demand.
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
You will need to hold a Bachelors degree or equivalent thereof. It is essential that you have good knowledge in Data analysis or mathematics / statistics and will need to be sound in cargo related IT systems.
You will need to be an expert with a minimum of 8 years of job related experience. It will be an added advantage if you have held a senior role within the cargo airline business or within a vendor company providing cargo solutions. You will need to have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and will need to have excellent spoken and written English proficiency.
1. Resume / CV