Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 8 Years +
- INDUSTRY Energy / Natural Resource / Oil and Gas
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Randstad MENA is seeking an experienced Rock Mechanic Engineer, Mine Planning Drilling & Blasting on behalf of a major client. This is a permanent staff position based in Saudi Arabia.
Reports To: Manager
Overall Job Purpose:
- The Rock Engineer Specialist is directly involved in studying and determining physical and mechanical properties of rock and their behavior to design practical, cost effective and safe mining systems and to predict and control rock behavior. Plays an important role through all the phases of mining cycle. Further, plays pivotal role in the mine design team – striving for broad ranging improvement in mining condition to ensure optimal production with maximum safety.
- Stability analyses and design of rock slopes for open pit and underground mines
- Analysis and design of underground excavations including empirical stability assessments, stress analyses, support design and excavation sequencing
- Perform numerical modeling, provide geotechnical design models and interpret results
- Design of min openings, pillars, slopes and rock mass excavations using analytical and numerical tools
- Evaluate existing underground and surface workings (excavations, pillars, etc.) to establish stability and provide rehabilitation plans as necessary.
- Provide technical direction to project and mining engineers
- Perform geotechnical remediation and design optimization for existing slopes, excavations, ground support systems, etc.
- Review and evaluates design of underground openings with regards to stability and ground support requirements
- Collect geotechnical data such as stress measurements and joint mapping for preparing the mine design document
- Perform geotechnical core logging and plan, design and monitor various projects related to rock mechanics, backfilling and ground control
- Perform data collection for the underground mine rock mechanics
- Build an extensive database of the entire underground mine relative to Geology and Rock Mechanics
Independence of Operation:
- Normally works according to established procedures and professional standards
- Occasionally determines own method of operation to address specific developing situations
- Keeps his immediate supervisor advised of work progress
- Completed work is subject to review
- Able to work or temporarily assigned to other sites for work or consultation.
Job Relevant Information:
- Management Responsibility and Authority
- Preparing periodic reports regarding the mine’s activities and achievements to be submitted to Mining and Planning Manager
- Manage both mining and civil engineering projects with primary project focus on open pit stability, underground tunnel and mine design
- Provide senior review of all work related to the investigation, design, implementation of projects from inception to construction
- Manage projects and provide technical direction to mining engineers
- Work with other senior management at the site which will be beneficial to all mining departments
- Establish and maintain client relationships and work in a team environment
- Provide training and exchange of knowledge to the Saudi Geology in the mine site
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical, Civil or Mining Engineering or Equivalent
- Demonstrate on site experience at a working underground mine or open pit
- It is recognized that the individual’s specialized experience will have a focus either for open pit mining or underground mining. The ability and willingness to conduct work in both these areas is necessity
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent command of both Arabic and English
- Intermediate computer literacy
- 8-10 years of experience
Rock Mechanic Engineer, Mine Planning Drilling & Blasting, Underground Mine