Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 4 Years
- Gender Both
- INDUSTRY Telecommunication
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team – and it’s a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo’s future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
This role will lead BSS systems transformation towards a converged, user centric and highly flexible model. She/he will work thoroughly to produce and combine the best out of existing billing and charging systems in favour of an enhanced customer experience, faster products time to market and BSS environment flexibility towards frequent business requirements fulfilment. The role should provide technical expertise around Charging, Billing, Mobile broadband charging, Wholesale Billing, Provisioning, Mediation and Voucher management systems in line with Ooredoo Kuwait Enterprise network architecture and growth plans, both strategically and as defined in roadmap provided by vendor and aligned with Ooredoo group strategy. Finally the role will heavily contribute in Ooredoo ‘s current BSS enhancement Program (IT boost) both from design/implementation perspective, and long term roadmap
- Design & Execute short and long term plans for overall Charging, Billing, mobile broadband charging Provisioning, Mediation, Voucher Systems and Services from upgrades and expansion point of view.
- Major role in the revamps towards a converged billing & charging customer experience and products portfolio
- Major role in the execution of charging and billing system’s upgrades
- Perform inter-departmental communication between the Technology and Business Teams within Ooredoo Kuwait for realizing strategic Product and service launches.
- Work hand in hand with ICT infrastructure team in revamping current BSS systems infrastructure to align with virtualization and software defined data centre concepts.
- Present to commercial team the systems features and capabilities to guide them through their product definition to avoid CR on system
- Support the introduction of Product catalogue and order care solution from billing and charging perspectives
- Ensure that all system’s documentations are always up to date and ready to be presented to senior management whenever requested.
- Provide the needed support to Operation team for resolution of issues with new technologies, features, system upgrades and enhancements.
- Identify, quantify and follow up issues likely to cause risk to the applications and systems.
- Benchmarking the status of trends versus actuals in terms of capacity and performance for the systems responsible for.
- Protect Revenue leakage while implementing new products and services.
- Highlight project, architecture critical issues to senior management and makes recommendations for improvements
- Provide active support to other Ooredoo Kuwait departments and translate their needs to technical specs and architecture solutions.
- Ensure Smooth Integration of Ooredoo channels and middleware with BSS platforms
- Work on enhancing BSS systems integration with BI and data warehousing platforms aiming in better reporting and capabilities
- Provide and manage support on special projects as and when assigned by senior management.
- Track capacity and resource utilization of various nodes and services in the domain responsible for.
- Bring in innovation and implement cost saving solutions by avoiding change requests to the vendors.
- Maintain and update the domain architecture quarterly.
- Bring innovative cost saving solutions.
- Highlight technical issues / risks on projects to TPMO and upper management.
- Motivate the team to deliver products and services effectively and efficiently
- Provide technical assistance to the team when required.
- Effectively participate and work with different OPCO’s within the group to define the best practice and efficient architecture in areas related to charging & Billing domain.
- Aligning any new project or implementation with OOREDOO group for the respective department strategy & Roadmap.
- Assess new Solutions, market trends and map them to the Company Application environment to leverage their benefits by developing solutions destined to enhance the Company current Application and products that covers current application setup analysis, business cases writing, comparative ROI documents, etc.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by Superiors
- 7+ years of relevant telecom experience .
- Advanced working knowledge of GSM Billing and Charging Systems
- Industry knowledge of other BSS/OSS Applications like Mediation, Provisioning, Revenue Management, Order management, Interconnect etc. and the latest IT trends.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture ,software development life cycle and project life cycle
- Hands-on experience in analysis and implementation of Complex solutions
- Program/Project management of BSS/OSS systems.
- Knowledge of eTOM, NG-BOSS, TOGAF, ITIL is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word ,power point etc, and relational databases.
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/ Telecoms / Communications / Electronics Engineering or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognised professional institute
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong Technical skills
- Strong Analytical skills
1. Resume / cv