- Offerd Salary Negotiable
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Both
- INDUSTRY Information Technology
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Technical Infrastructure Manager
Our client, a leading Financial Services company is seeking for a Technical Infrastructure Manager. You will be directly reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. This position will be based in Bahrain
The Technical Infrastructure Manager’s role is to plan, organize, and manage staff and Technology operations to ensure the stable operation of the company’s technical infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems, as well as database and application environments.
The Technical Infrastructure Manager will schedule and direct activities to resolve incidents, and hardware and software problems affecting the business in a timely and accurate fashion with a particular emphasis on responsibility for service management, incident management, problem management, change management, service availability and performance and capacity management.
The Technical Infrastructure Manager will also develop, implement and maintain a strategic roadmap for infrastructure technology deployment that enables the business to develop new processes in an agile and efficient manner, whilst ensuring the environments are secured to the standards recognized by the industry. The position will also assist the Chief Technology Officer to develop the overall strategy for Technologies.
• Lead infrastructure vision, strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
• Providing thought and technical leadership on the organisation’s strategic platforms
• Accountable for, manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, and so on.
• Accountable for and manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
• Design and implement short and long term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capability and capacity meets existing and future requirements.
• Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for capex spending and initiatives.
• Prepare RFI’s, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
• Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders.
• Direct and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
• Direct and test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
• Negotiate with and administer vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific contracts, products and services.
• Manage operational costs; conduct short and long term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
• Ensure appropriate back-up and recovery procedures are implemented at all times.
• With the assistance of the ISSO, plan and deploy infrastructure security measures to financial services industry standards.
• Establish and manage service level agreements with business units.
• Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
• Direct and administrate a contingent of system administrators, engineers and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective actions.
• Develop and maintain a suitable DR plan and facilities and manage regular testing to support the BCP.
• Manage infrastructure staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
Unique Knowledge & Skills
• Extensive knowledge of managing technical teams across Infrastructure, Service Desk and Data Centre Operations.
• Technical background and extensive knowledge of hardware technology platforms, operating systems, Networks (LAN & WAN), telephony services, data centre operations, disaster recovery and Security.
• Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments
• Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
• Knowledge of card industry is desirable.
• ITIL qualified and experience will be a major asset.
• Experience of AEME core technologies: Blades, SAN, VMWare, networks/network equipment, AIX/UNIX, Windows, Microsoft Office products, Postilion, PowerCARD, Oracle
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Problem Solving/ Decision Making
• Requires complex judgment based on advanced analytical thought
• Develops innovative solutions in a fast changing environment
• Requires conceptual thinking in complex/completely new situations